Bhutan is a small landlocked country situated on the Southern slopes of the Eastern Himalayas. The spread of Buddhism in Bhutan has been relevant since Gautama Buddha from India started spreading Buddhism and has been a prevalent religion in Bhutan and Tibet ever since.
Bhutan is primarily mountainous. Since located in an extension of the Himalayas, we can easily understand several mountains and peaks in Bhutan. However, the area of Bhutan is a region of excellent biodiversity. It hence has several rivers which eventually drain into the valleys, making it suitable for flora and sustains the fauna.
The climate of Bhutan dramatically varies according to the elevation. The southern part of the country experiences a tropical climate, whereas the Northern part of the country is extremely cold and has a sub-polar type of climate. Therefore the climatic variability of this small country is vast, and people of this country experience various types of climate.
A large part of the Economy of Bhutan is dependent on its tourist attractions. The country attracts a lot of tourists throughout the year because of its picturesque beauty and landscape. There are several beautiful places to visit in Bhutan, and if you are planning a trip to Bhutan, then here are some of the places you should visit.
- Thimpu– The capital of Bhutan, as we all know, is Thimpu. Not only is Thimpu the capital, but it is also a city that is situated in the lap of the Himalayas and has some astonishing viewpoints. The interesting places to visit are Buddha Dordenma, Memorial Chorten, Motithang Takin Preserve. Memorial Chorten is very famous among these few places and can be found in the cover picture of several magazines.
- Paro– this is the place where the beauty of Bhutan resides. It is a serene spot where you can find your solitude. This place has the country’s only international, so the chances are that you will visit this destination for sure. Other places to visit in Paro include the National Museum and Paro Taktsang.
- Punakha– This place is acclaimed by adventure seekers and is one of the most beautiful places to visit. Here you will find river rafting in the river Mo and Pho. Traditional dance is also a precious possession of Punakha, where the tribals wearing masks perform their traditional dance to entertain the tourists. Other than that you can visit places like Punakha Dzong and Limbhukha. If you ever set your step in Punakha, you can experience the local tradition as well as the amiable atmosphere that surrounds the area. It is a very beautiful place where everyone can fit in and enjoy it in their own ways.
- Trongsa– Trongsa is located in Central Bhutan and acts as a bridge between the North and South Bhutan. The Trongsa Dzong is a beautiful monastery where you can go meditate and rouse the spiritual being that’s nested within you.
- Jigme Dorji National Park– this National Park is a well-known National Park of the country as well as entire Asia and is one of the most attractive tourist spots. This is a UNESCO tentative site. On a typical day, you will find Bengal Tiger, Himalayan Blue Sheep, Musk Deer, and many other endangered species freely roaming around in the National Park. You should take a Safari and a guide with you because other than that it can be very dangerous.
Things To Do
The things listed above are some of the most beautiful places in the country. You can simply visit them, or you can experience some adventure. Here are few things to do to make your trip even more enjoyable.
- River Rafting– Since the rivers are the country’s lifeline, river rafting has developed to be a popular sport. The rivers in their youth are one treat, and your rafting experience can be an amalgamation of fear, excitement, and freedom. If you want to experience all three in one, you should definitely try out river rafting in Paro.
- Trekking– Like to challenge your stamina and go against the slope? Then trekking in Bhutan is one of the most wanted things that you can do. You can trek up to the highest point of the country and can return to the origin point.
- Mountain Biking– This is an adventure sport in Bhutan, and you can try challenging your abilities in this adventure sport. It is a life-enriching moment if you can complete it and reach the point.
- Rock Climbing– It is a popular sport that is taught in almost every state of every country. Here in this country, you can get the first-hand adventure of mountain climbing if you have never done that before. After completing, you will feel like one of the hosts of the adventure show documentaries.
These are some of the most beautiful, fun, and adventurous sports you can be a part of. You will definitely enjoy your time in Bhutan if you are a part of any of these adventure sports. Other than these if you visit the country with your family and do not want to take any risk, you can surely go for recreational activities like Fishing, traditional dance and many other activities.
How To Reach?
The easiest way to visit Bhutan is by hiring a travel agent. However, you have to keep in mind that your visa and commutation will take a hefty amount, and hence you need to save on your travel cost or cut on your itinerary as and when required.
To Sum It Up
When traveling outside the country, make sure that your insurance covers you, and if you are not covered, you can go for any top 5 travel insurance in Singapore that covers this and can get your insurance done. After you are done securing your life and taking the permission, you can set out your foot and enjoy the trip with your friends or family.