Since the wedding season is almost here, we are pretty sure the brides-to-be are well set in the wedding attire department, but hello! Fellow grooms-to-be, it’s time for you to finally get out there and shop for some wedding dresses for men, or even better, browse for classy wedding dresses for men online from the comfort of your home.
It’s 2022, and let’s be honest, the boring old dhoti and kurta duo is very 2012 when it comes to wedding dresses for men. This is because you now have so many different styles available in wedding dresses for men, after all, the bride isn’t the only one who should be getting all the attention during your special day! So from dhoti-kurta to sherwani-dhoti to Anarkali-pajama, try on all these classy wedding dresses for men and see what grabs more attention towards you.
- Indo-Western style – This one’s a classic traditional Indian wedding outfit for the groom, consisting of a straight-fit sherwani and a matching churidar. This especially goes well if the bride is wearing the traditional red saree or lehenga. You can pair the sherwani with a churidar, pants, or a salwar and add on a pastel-coloured dupatta and a matching turban.
- Kurta-Jacket style – When it comes to wedding dresses for men, nothing says elegant and chic like a kurta-jacket and churidar combo. Grooms, we assure you, you are sure to bring up the heat on your wedding stage and grab all the attention along with your beautiful bride if you wear a plain dark coloured knee-length kurta under a floral printed light coloured sleeveless jacket with a light coloured or white pant or churidar.
- Kurta-Pajamas – If you don’t want to go for heavy wedding dresses for men, a kurta and pajamas are your best bet. Not only can you wear it for pre-wedding functions like haldi and sangeet, but with the right kurta and pyjama, you will bring as much glam as your bride to your wedding. Opt for a full-sleeve collared kurta, roll up the sleeves to your elbow, and pair it with a white or matching light colour pyjama.
- Sherwanis – The first thing that pops up in your mind when you think of wedding dresses for men is sherwani, isn’t that right? Well, there are various different styles in a sherwani that are sure to make you the centre of attention at your wedding. A) Achkan style sherwani – It is a knee-length jacket-style sherwani which you can pair with a churidar. B) Anarkali style sherwani – If anything Indian history has taught us, it’s that Anarkali isn’t just for women because maharajas slayed them just as much as any women did. So if you are hosting a royal wedding, Anarkali sherwani is the perfect fit for the groom. Pair your Anarkali sherwani with light-coloured juttis.
- Dhotis – The traditional way to wear a dhoti is by wrapping it around your legs and taking the lower part of the dhoti, gathering it into a few pleats and then tucking it either in the front or the back of your waist.
Now that you have a basic idea of different types and styles of wedding dresses for men, take your sister to your wedding outfit trials to help you pick a dress that makes you stand out on your big day.