Introduction: People have always longed to know about their future and have looked up to the celestial bodies for guidance and gaining perspective. Astrology has been around since the beginning of time and for very long it was regarded as mere superstition or something to do with tradition. What most people do not know is that it is a science that has logic behind it.
While many people still shun it as a scholarly tradition or old-age tradition this science is based on reason and logic. According to an online astrologer, astrology is a science that believes that the exact positions of the planets and stars at the time of birth of an individual determine the path of their life as well as set the tone for it.
It is the 21st century and still, people believe in astrology. Why? The answer is simple. The quest to know the future or certain parts of it is human nature. The longing to control the uncontrollable and be aware of what may befall them or whether or not things go as planned are some of the reasons why people place trust in this ancient science. Other reasons include getting to know oneself better, moving on the journey of self-discovery, dealing with stress and anxiety, the uncertainty of life and many more, as suggested by an astrologer online.
The reasons why people still believe in astrology include:
- Digitalization: The digitalization of every platform has been instrumental in popularizing this science and concept. Online astrological services include daily, weekly, and monthly horoscope readings, tarot card readings, booking online sessions with an online astrologer, etc. Many people, mostly millennials, see it more as a hobby or source of entertainment. Some people also read up their horoscopes daily before heading to work and try to make sense of it.
- Pop-culture: Astrology has successfully made a place for itself in pop culture and thanks to celebrities who use it in their life, science has gotten a lot of exposure. This popularization by them has led to people using it in their daily lives as a means to know about their future or for any other reason which also includes entertainment. It has also led to a lot of sharing of information on the subject and followed up by reading by people across the world. The only thing that needs to be emphasized here is the need to use this science. Different individuals have different reasons why they use it at their disposal.
- Dealing with stress and anxiety: It is human nature to be stressed or anxious about the uncertainty of life and its events. Sometimes this stress can get out of hand and lead to bad mental health. When things do not go as planned or when people face failures, some of them are not able to handle them very well and succumb to them. Astrology has been effective in removing this stress as it predicts certain things or makes predictions so that people do not get their hopes very high or bet everything on it.
The life path of every individual is different and full of ups and downs. It is rightly said that life is a roaster ride and one has to go through their fair share of ups and downs. During hard times, it is important to hold onto hope and remember that these are just tough times and they shall pass. Astrology can provide answers or clues to people in confusing circumstances or when things do not seem to be going as planned. It acts as the little ray of hope that people hold onto and take everything that comes their way into stride.
- Soul-Searching: Astrology has been used as an effective way of soul-searching and self-discovery. It has significantly enabled people to explore wide corners of their minds and soul and understand their purpose in life. People who are unable to express themselves openly or are not much self-aware often resort to astrology to gain perspective and feel calm.
- Horoscope Reading: This is one of the biggest reasons why astrology as a science is still prevalent in today’s time. It is a ritual for people worldwide to read their horoscope first thing in the morning as they start their day. These daily, weekly and monthly horoscopes are nothing but very deep and scientific explanations of the influence of the movement of celestial bodies over human life which is squeezed into understandable language for people like us to understand and make sense out of them. It helps people to gain perspective on their short-term plans, whether or not to make any decisions or invest in something or whether or not to stand up for what is right. All this advice and suggestions go a long way in keeping things harmonious in people’s lives.
The above-mentioned points are the reasons why people place their trust in astrology and resort to it in tough times. It acts as a ray of sunshine after rain showers and helps people in holding onto the hope of a better tomorrow. Other than that, digitalization and increased exposure have also made it possible for it to be still prevalent in the 21st century.