Children are said to be raw pots that can be shaped by the values instilled by the parents in them. They will learn whatever is taught to them. One of the important habits to imbibe in the kids should be to maintain eating habits because by modelling these habits in the lifestyle and the behaviour of the children, it is easy to maintain a healthy weight and normal growth pattern.
The Approach of Parents for Instilling Healthy Eating Habits In Children
- Don’t Dictate Food Rather Make Family Choices – Fill up your house with a variety of foods that are healthy, which will enable the child to choose among the healthy
- items. Discard the choice of junk such as chips, ice-creams, soda, etc., and most importantly, serve water with the meals.
- Encourage Your Child to Develop The Habit of Eating Slowly – According to the baby food chart, it is stated that hunger can be detected fully when a child opts to eat slowly. Before serving the second helping, give your child a break of fifteen minutes to let his mind discover if he is really hungry. Apart from that keep in view that the second helping should be more stuffed with veggies.
- Try Out Family Dinner Time – This habit of eating meals together to get family time creates a pleasant atmosphere in the house. This will not only associate your child with eating slowly but also help to improve the bond of family members. Make sure that the family dinner does not become a scolding or arguing thing but a sweet, pleasant conversation time with your kids.
- Encourage Your Child to Take Part in Shopping For The Meals – When you will involve your child in preparing meals or shopping, you will get a better view of their preferences. Moreover, it is a very good opportunity of teaching the kids about the nutritional value of different food items. Apart from that, according to the baby food chart study, the child will be far more than happy in eating the meals he has helped to prepare.
- Discourage Your Child From Eating While Watching TV – It becomes quite difficult to focus completely on the fullness of your stomach while you are up watching anything on TV. This may lead to overeating so try out to eat at places that are quiet and designated like kitchen or dining areas.
- Don’t Make Use of Food to Punish or Reward Children – According to the baby food chart, the little kids get enthusiastic on hearing the name of rewards and develop thinking according to that. For example, we generally lure our kids that he will be offered sweets if he finishes up all his veggies which will ultimately set a negative image of the vegetables.
It is not a tough job to instil in your child healthy eating habits. A few careful steps will make a good baby food chart that will take care of the overall health of your little one.